Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the NCI Library Guide for international students! We know that international students can sometimes face additional challenges when adjusting to life in a new college and a new country. This guide is designed to highlight resources and information that we think will help you settle into academic life at NCI.
Getting Started at NCI Library
The very best place start in familiarising yourself with library services and resources is our Library Essentials Guide, where you will get an introduction to the following:
- Library Opening Hours & Access
- Finding Books
- Borrowing & Renewing Books
- Library Computers, Printers & Photocopiers
- Online Library Resources
- Group Study Rooms
- Discovery (NCI Library's online resource search engine)
International Students - Adjusting to Academic Life in NCI
Top Tips to Adjusting
The following tips and this guide are designed to help you get started and feel more comfortable in your new surroundings:
- We highly recommend you attend the library induction at the beginning of the term.
- As soon as you identify any problems using or accessing the library services and resources, please ask us for help.
- It will take time to adjust to studying in Ireland but the more questions you ask, the sooner you will better understand the differences.
Need advice for your assignments or research?
The Library Help Centre currently offers online appointments as well as remote assistance via email.
Request an appointment or contact us:
For Quick Queries:
|Keep up to date on any library news and resources by following @NCILibrary on
|Communications from the Library: Please note all communications from the library, concerning renewal of books, overdue books and reservations will be sent to your NCI student email account.