Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Scanning @NCI for Faculty & Staff
(Note: the scanning function may not be available on all printer/photocopiers)
- You can scan documents and email them to yourself in PDF format from the printer/photocopiers
- Note, scanning documents is not suitable if you want to edit the document
- There is no charge for this service
Black & White Printer/Photocopiers
Swipe your NCI Staff ID card on unit attached to the device you wish to use. Click "Copy" from the top right hand corner of the screen ; choose "Scan and Send" from the menu; click "New Destination"; choose "Type: Email"; type your staff email address; click "OK"; insert the page(s) you want to scan into the feeder (face up) or place face down on the glass surface. Press the green copy button on the right hand side of the printer/photocopier. This will scan your document and send it to your staff email address
Swipe your NCI Staff ID card on unit attached to the device you wish to use; choose the arrow on the top right hand corner of the screen. This brings you to a new menu - choose "Send" from the top left hand corner; then choose "Send to Self"; insert the page(s) you want to scan into the feeder (face up) or place face down on the glass surface. Press the green copy button on the right hand side of the printer/photocopier. This will scan your document and send it to your staff email address.
When you are finished using the printer/photocopier, Log Out. The system will log you out automatically after a few minutes, but logging out yourself avoids other users inadvertantly using your account and credit to print or photocopy.
Using NCI Staff Printers / Photocopiers
Below are general instructions for printing, photocopying and scanning. Settings may vary slightly based on the model of the device.
Instructions for releasing print jobs
- Send the desired document to SecureBW or SecureColour
- Go to a desired printer/photocopier
- Swipe your Staff ID card on the swipe unit or omega terminal attached to the photocopier.
- The touch screen panel on the printer/photocopier/omega terminal will display the default screen
- You will see a list of all the documents you have sent to print.
- You can choose to "Print All", or choose individual documents to print
- When finished, press “Logout”
- Go to a desired printer/photocopier
- Swipe your Staff ID card on the swipe unit or omega terminal attached to the printer/photocopier. The touch screen panel on the printer/photocopier will display the default screen
- Choose copy and photocopy as required
- When finished, “Logout”
- 1 to 2 – Will copy single sided originals to double sided copies
- 2 to 2 – Will make an identical copy of a 2 sided document
- 2 to 1 – Will copy a 2 sided original to separate sheets
- Book to 2 – Will copy two pages of a book on a double sided sheet
- Choose COLLATE to have your document produced in sets (ABC) (ABC)
- Choose GROUP to have your document produced by pages (AA) (BB)
- Choose STAPLE to collate your documents into sets and have them stapled in your chosen location
- If a printer/photocopier is not available for use, use an alternative device
- If a printer/photocopier is out of toner, please log a ticket on the Online IT Helpdesk
- If paper is required, check in the vicinity of the device, there is usually reams of paper available. If not, contact SNAP
- If the photocopier jams, refer to instructions on screen to remove jammed page
- If you get an error when you swipe your card, e.g. "Card not recognised" or the printer/photocopier is not working, please log a ticket on the Online IT Helpdesk via NCI360
Printing and Photocopying @NCI For Faculty & Staff
There are a number of printer/photocopiers in the NCI Campus, which can be used for printing, photocopying and scanning.
This document outlines information on using these devices. For instructions on connecting your computer to a printer, or details about "Desktop Printers", refer to the Printing Introduction Guide
- Use of these devices is accessed via the swipe units attached to the printer/photocopier and you will require your NCI Staff ID card to print, photocopy or scan.
- All activity is recorded to a print management profile linked to your user account. Printing and photocopying costs are charged back to your department. (There is no charge for scanning)
- The printer/photocopiers in the library are on the student network, and not available for staff to use.
Associate Faculty Room – Room 3.20
Black & White Photocopier
Black & White Photocopier
Swipe Units / Omega Terminals
All photocopiers on the staff print network have a swipe unit or an omega terminal (black touch screen panel) connected to the printer/photocopier. To use the device for printing, photocopying or scanning you need to swipe your NCI Staff ID card.
When you swipe your card, this will activate the printer/photocopier under your account and you will be presented with menu options on the printer/photocopier or omega terminal
When you are finished using the device, ensure you "log out". The unit will keep you logged in for a specific length of time, and will automatically disconnect you, avoiding other users to inadvertently use your account.
- The printer/photocopiers use 2 shared virtual print queues; SecureBW and SecureColour.
- Print jobs sent to these devices are held in the shared print queue and print only when released by the owner (the user who sent the document(s) to print).
- Print jobs may be cancelled if required by the owner at the printer/photocopier.
- Print jobs not released by the owner, are automatically deleted from the print queue after 24 hours.
When sending print jobs to the printer/photocopiers, you do not have to specify which device you want to send it to. Simply choose to print to Secure BW (for black & white printing) or Secure Colour (for colour printing).
- If you send a document to Secure BW, you may release your print job from any of the printer/photocopiers on the staff print network.
- If you send a document to Secure Colour – please go to the colour printer/photocopier on the 4th floor to release your document(s)